terça-feira, 9 de setembro de 2014

LUIZ LEITÃO | Floriano Martins poems


MYTH’S BELOVED DISGUISE

There was a silence there, lost in the middle of the night.
Perhaps between the cracks in time’s ridge.
Or a swollen scar hallucinating the past lost.
One never knows how much pain rebounds.
Suffering is in the boundary of conscience.
Some cities know more than others how to abandon themselves.
Lights were as if night barely slept.
The stairs were reluctant to show the way to those who have proven better readers of urban afflictions.
Archeology tells us about subterranean trails, stone, musk and water that shelter certain unsuspected seals of history.
Everything makes us believe past unveils when we dig beneath.
Yet there are cities that hide their history upstairs.
A self-abandonment embroidered in heights, covered up by the earthen agitation of urban makeup.
Plain cities, and without hereditary excavations.
Who knows my, maybe yours, certainly someone’s city.
Seaside places that use Sun to distract the incorporeal mourning.
And that deforest its essence like weed.
Cities tormented by the refuse of their own shadow.
Here night never sleeps.
It recapitulates the silence to which it feels imposed.
This disconcerted emptiness of the youngest ruins of history.
Air ruins, whose stairs myth tries to disguise.
Possibly remains of some sin we ignore.


WOMB OF RUTH UNDERWOOD

The streets are intersected with eyes of asymmetric angles chewing the essence of those who pass by.
A frantic palpitation of symbols makes everyone fall in the fugacious detail of nostalgia, gathered under the shade of memory, blaming sunset for being melancholic, cathedral for being rectilinear, abyss for being inaccurate.
The most single notes repeat.
There are chords which know how to spell the distinct image in each bridge or stage.
It’s not the same as being an art catcher or a street one.
By there, always when someone runs, is never reached by the name.
When you fold the notes landscape quakes.
The skin dedicated to the transcription of delirium.
It’s when one hears the solidity of likeliness, the delighted plans of all we write only by glance, the vital spell at everyone’s range.


A NIGHT IN SYDNEY

How could I have painted the house with such a huge contrast of scenes?
Furniture whispering by the corners, a fever of windows collected to their inner tremble, taps committed with keeping silence for long eternities.
I had forgotten everything that night.
I tried at least to recollect the name of that woman lying by my side.
Descending to the kitchen for some water I saw how my steps on the steps were already there, previously to me.
All over the house the signs multiplied in a same enigma: everything I tried to do I myself had already done.
From the window facing the yard I could see buckets of paint, sandpaper, brushes, the stairs bathed in evidences.
Lips frayed of some twilight, wine spilled on the carpet, Ben Webster still played Come rain or come shine.
Night immerse in scenic silence.
Her body multiplying in characters which are codes of emptiness, painful shades, restless figures of dreams I could never understand.
The house is some kind of souls sewing, with its stage of paints and architecture of reflexes.
I’m already not anywhere, but she hurts me as if she were all my life.


ANJA LECHNER’S WRISTS

Your body receives on your bed each night a distinct verb.
Little household tasks protect the day from other subjects.
I sit back on the worn out abyss’ shade counting your kisses.
The first one shows me the secrets of powder.
Another makes me believe I can fly.
Like silent defiance are the small faces buoying in each look’s amazement.
Signs of disorder that life elects in its fugacious transit through the prosperity of time
Words with which I dig the invisibility of your figure.
Silence we shelter beside them so that they preserve what they know about us
The pendulous movement of your kisses stresses the labyrinth they weave inside and outside my lips.
A Brazilian describes the desires’ images like voracious amulets.
I re-baptize your rites like who unveils the virtues of storm.
Your body sophisms the disguises of the night with its verbal spectra.
Do you recognize the indecipherable lust of each pantomime?
Do you still recall the name with which I pretended to be you?

I myself provided to forget, so that you had no way back.


A NIGHT IN SANTO DOMINGO

The night reproduces itself in my passing eyes.
We don’t let it sleep, so that it accompanies us by the wrecked corners, myth disguised in illegible drafts, petals grimy of memory of self forgotten memory.
Loneliness escaping through the window with its small transfigured riots.
Don’t forget of anything tonight, so that we don’t have come back here tomorrow.
Give me your lips one last time before they vanish from my vision’s ceilings.
Sweaty furniture while we improvise new sites in absentia of gravity.
When I saw your body learning how to fly in a Sky of aquarelle brushed up its extensive maritime architecture and clouds danced like trees in the wind.
It was when I unveiled the pain of this Word made up of many falls.
The same that now multiplies in my eyes that cross an endless corridor which leads from an horizon to another in the wakeful hours we get lost.
I recognize in silence certain relics that cross fate’s sill, whose language, always legitimate, confides a defiance after another.
Wherever you are, don’t reply me.


MEMORY OF CONSUELO BENEVIDES

It takes too long to know where pain keeps its bones.
Clip the verbs, recognize  the best identified voices with each conflict,  whisper small behavior changes.
The faces were resigning to a theatrical expression.
I didn’t see you otherwise than slices of shades, vestiges, details of memory, were I used to go scribbling my pain.
When I saw the first sign o f your life, I had already  given up being human.
I was recognizing your being  by marcs.
Much of what came to me confused with what I stated to imagine as being my son.
I don’t believe we have left each other anything in manuscripts.
Many times what we recover in life has to do with your abyssal sense of imitation.
I will never know if you are my lost  son  or the idealized image of the same I have just found in a   lot of replicas.
We imitate the future.
How to believe in past?
It doesn’t matter.
You are here in some place.

I’m not yet  anywhere.


A NIGHT IN TENERIFE

I wrote down your name on a leaf lost from the dream.
The night wakes me up telling stories which some day would pass here.
The Moon laughed as a lover hidden under the bed sheet waiting for danger to pass.
While I waited to read my poems I realized the world didn’t pass there.
Images self projected in dissonant repetition: here, there, love, poem…
Only a verb moved: to pass & to pass & to pass.
Full territory of reticence, when I touched your skin I unveiled a night alien to time.
The poems lost motive.
Your body gained a crafty measure of eternity.
Until today I don’t know where I went to since I said goodbye to you.
The fact is that everything passes and your island doesn’t differ from other feelings in the rest of the world.
The Moon pointed the fountain in the centre of the square and recorded that something on the way to Brazil passed by and eventually stayed.
The day uses to forget many things.
A greenish stone celebrates the volcanic night in your body that we lie down to foresee the navigation chart of the fountain.
We didn’t go anywhere.
We were perhaps the only night in Tenerife when nothing passed there.


[Traduzidos por Luiz Leitão. Perfil de Floriano Martins, gravura de Fabio Herrera, 2004.]



Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário